14 Sep 3 Tips for Your Next Car Seat Upholstery Repair
Wear and tear is the main contributor to the deterioration of a car seat cover as an average person may spend normally up to 20 hours a week in his or her car. Among the top things to monitor from time to time besides the machine and exterior is your car seat cover. Here are some tips to consider on your next car seat upholstery repair.
1. Consider when your car seat upholstery is up for replacement
If the seat upholstery feels or looks too dirty, has a pungent smell, looks worn out already, or if one of your passengers starts showing signs of discomfort or allergies, then it’s safe to say that you need your car seats reupholstered. Car seat covers, as advised by most auto-repair shops, must be changed once in every 1 ½ years for maintenance. New cars have at least five to seven years before its seat upholstery are deemed expired or in need of replacement.
2. Choose the right fabric material for your seats
After the exterior, the interior is the second important consideration to car owners. An elegant interior depends on the upholstery of car seats that’s why it adds to the value of a car. You need to know, however, that there are different types of materials used for car seat upholstery.
- Leather – This fabric exudes luxury. It is the most expensive car material for a car upholstery revamp because it provides elegance, aesthetics, and value to car owners. It’s worth your investment as it is comfortable and soft, offers an inviting and sleek look, and has commendable durability that can last for years.
- Nylon Fabric – A universal type of fabric that most cars use, it’s a more affordable yet durable option. Its advantage is that it’s a default fabric used on most cars, so it’s also a favorable option for repairing car seat covers.
- Textile – This type of fabric has multiple functions and among its primary uses for car seat upholstery is it provides a comfort even in extended hours of sitting. It’s breathable and soft, too.
- Polyester – A common material used for car upholstery as microsuede, it mimics the characteristics of suede leather for comfortability.
3. Be familiar with proper care for your car seat upholstery material
As every form of material may give in to wear and tear, with the right maintenance it might last you fair years of usage (depending on the material you choose). The more you know about the material of your car seat, the better you can take care of it. For instance, since leather has a different texture, it can be easily cleaned. You can use a simple paint brush to dust it off and an absorbent to wipe off unnecessary liquid. Nylon, polyester, and textile however are very porous so it’s advisable to use a vacuum to suck loose dirt and dust particles from it.
Uratex for Business specializes in the best raw materials for auto upholstery service providers. To know more all about Uratex offerings for the automotive industry, you may click: https://bit.ly/3faEnIy
For any questions or concerns regarding our products and services, feel free to reach out to Ms. Sheila at any of the following: 8842-6326 loc. 233 (landline), 0917 805 1698 (mobile), and firstname.lastname@example.org (email).