Prone Pillow is used to facilitate easier breathing to patients with respiratory condition such as Covid-19 severe case patients. Uratex created its first Prone Pillow to help aid severe Covid-19 patients in some of the major hospitals in the Philippines. The Covid-19 pandemic causes respiratory infection that hampers breathing.
What is a Prone Pillow?
Prone positioning or Proning can be used in mechanically-ventilated patients with severe hypoxic respiratory failure to optimize oxygenation or breathing. Prone position is known to reduce atelectasis or “lung collapse”, facilitate secretion drainage and increase air volume in the lungs after the end of passive exhalation
In general, many medical research journals suggest the use of a Prone Pillow to facilitate proning and easier breathing, such as those Covid-19 severe case patients. The following are its key features and benefits:
- Provides comfortable immobilization of head in prone position
- Provides holes to free up eyes, nose, and mouth
- With comfort foam layer to conform to facial features and support base layer to keep pillow sturdy over use
- Allows tube access of medical equipment at both sides of the pillow
- Pillow size L 9.5″ W 10.5″ x H 6″